I can't. Seriously. I blinked, I went to my high school reunion, and 39 days passed Amazing.
Also, a few of you are on track to have written all 40 days, which is fantastic, and four of you can crack 30 of the 40 days if you finish strong. This is where I'll confess that the last time I participated in my own program, I wrote only 34 days out of 40. So color me impressed.
So... what now? A few things:
1. After Friday, I'll send you a survey about your experience.
2. Over the weekend I'll send you a booklet with all your writing.
3. This is a good time to recruit your friends and even distant acquaintances into the next 40 days flock. It will take off Monday, Oct. 1. They can sign up at birdsinabarrel.com ... or at:
4. THE NEW WEBSITE: https://40days40writes.com/ This is what I've been working on while you were writing over the last few weeks. (With a cool new logo by 40-day alumna Helen Kim. ) The site isn't all built out yet, but will be by Oct. 1, and with any luck there will be a new set of prompts by then, too.
5. And if you're feeling generous, you could support the expansion of 40 Days and 40 Writes with a contribution here: https://www.birdsinabarrel.com/donate/
Again, kudos for your work over the last 39 days... and just one more to go.
Onward and upward!